McDonalds: One Ketchup to One Order Policy



I went to Gaisano Mall to buy some accessories to my new gadget but at the same time I was waiting for my mom and my brother to be with me so we could go to church together. I was done buying the things I needed and knew there's a lot of time to wait so I headed to McDonald's to buy my favorites - fries and caramel sundae! But to my surprise, the cashier said that they had this One-Ketchup-to-One-Order policy and no matter how you ask for one, you'll not be given.. unless you order in another transaction. That's absurd! Why don't they consider the things like the one I bought, a medium fries, should get two ketchup, and the rest follows.

When I got home, I've read the news saying that due to CEO change, McDonald's dropped Heinz as their ketchup for fries and it's dated on October 25, 2013. That's 3 months ago! Probably they haven't found a new replacement for Heinz yet.

What now? I realized that the fries doesn't taste good without the ketchup. And I should have bought the regular fries if I only get one of it or just go to Jollibee where I really enjoy its fries and unlimited ketchup.

2 comments:

  1. I kept wondering why they don't give as much as they used to. When we buy medium/large fries, I also get 1 ketchup. When asked, they will give me an extra one, with a frown though :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just today, I noticed that they don't give extra gravy cups anymore(if you're already provided with one, I think. I didn't tried asking for one). I dunno, maybe it's just on that branch (P. Noval UST branch).

    http://crookedcrayon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete