Delish! Unripe Mango Salad

mango salad
Unripe Mango Salad
I always love eating unripe mangoes even though I was diagnosed with UTI because of it. I was begged - Yes, BEGGED - to eat them just at least twice a month to prevent further infections with my kidney. And yeah, I've followed it though since I really don't want to die early..

Since I only have less of time to enjoy eating the one of my favorite food served here in the Philippines, I've thought of eating it on the other way - you know, the fancy way - just like the food served in restaurants. It's so simple, but it really depends on who will eat it. But this blows me away with its taste bud-awakening flavors.

Making Delicious Unripe Mango Salad - the fancy way

Preparation Time:

20 minutes (if you're fast enough to peel the mangoes, then it'll take less time)


green mangouyap, silver swan suka, silver swan soy sauce


Ingredients:


2 firm unripe mangoes (mangoes may be green in color)
1/4 teaspoon of Shrimp Paste
1 spoon of Soy sauce or to taste
1 spoon of Vinegar or to taste


Preparation:


thin sliced mango


1. Use the peeler to disregard the outer skin of the mangoes.
2. Continue using the peeler but this time peel the mangoes thinly.
3. Arrange the pile of thin sliced mango like a mountain.


thin sliced mango with soy sauce and vinegar

4. Mix the soy sauce and vinegar together, pouring it on the near edge of the plate.
5. Mold the shrimp paste into a cute small cone.
6. Voila! You may now enjoy your mango salad!


unripe mango salad







13 comments:

  1. what's this ha. hmm, hmm. huehuehue x)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks so yummy!! the ultimate comfort food is manga and bagoong

    ReplyDelete
  3. My wife loves eating green mangoes, and had experimented it makes an appetizer. Somehow close to Manga Kerabu (Malaysian appetizer) mix with crushed peanuts, chilies, basil, vinegar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a fan of unripe mangoes, I prefer the ripe ones. Plus I don't like the taste of bagoong, but as of a few months ago, I have been able to sample bagoong especially when we have kare-kare. Although I did try it with unripe mangoes. Maybe I'll try your style some day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the bagoong for this mangoes, but for vinegar, no. Well, I tried the toyo and salt, but I'll try your recipe. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the bagoong for this mangoes, but for vinegar, no. Well, I tried the toyo and salt, but I'll try your recipe. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love ripe mangoes over unripe ones, but I definitely enjoy eating those with bagoong! Me thinks it's gonna be too salty if I add soy sauce. :3

    ReplyDelete
  8. This quick to make food made me drool this early in the morning. I already had breakfast yet seeing these preparations and photos made me hungry again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Got to love green mangoes! The preparation seems simple and I was expecting more ingredients but I'll just munch on this one right away.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Em Geeeeee...super love bagoong! Salivating now. This is the most easiest way to enjoy your day especially if your watching movies(in the house) or you are in a beach.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the plating but I think I love the taste. I miss unripe mango!!!! Now I am craving and i blame you.. haha.

    ReplyDelete